Often I get the question on Instagram if I could help someone find a good flight school for them. I usually cannot help find the correct flight school for you but I can help with giving pieces of advice. Finding the right flight school is not an easy task because there are so many things you should take into consideration. So to start with all of it you should ask yourself some questions.
First of all: What do you want to become? Would you like to fly as an airline pilot or just flying around in your own country with your friends? Maybe you just want to fly the fastest military jet? This last one is the easiest one because you just have to go into the military. For the other two options, there are some different way to approach them in this article I’ll try to make it as general as possible so you can apply them on both.
What kind of pilot do you want to become? Some flight schools offer you the possibility for a PPL (private pilot license) but not an ATPL course (Airline Transport Pilot License). So a good start will be to make up your mind and really think about what you want to achieve before even looking for a school.
After you figure this one out you have to think about where you want to do the course. For example, you choose almost any country to do flight school lessons. Every school has to apply certain governmental rules. If you decide to do it in your own country you can make a list with the flight schools of that country. At the time I did my flight school investigation I looked for all the information online.
- How much does the course cost?
- Can this school offer me help with financing the course?
- For how long has this school been in business?
- Does this school have an agreement with an Airline?
- What is this school reputation? Try to check out forums online.
- How long does it take for me to complete the course?
- How many people get a job after completing flight training?
- Is it possible to do an MCC in this flight school?
- Do I need housing if I will go to this flight school?
- How many flight hours will you make during the course and on what kind of aircraft?
- What is the experience of the instructors they have employed in the school? Nowadays you can come fresh out of flight school, do an instructors course and you are giving flight school by an ex-student with +-250 flight hours.
Make a list with all of these pro’s and con’s of the school you can stripe out what is good for you and what is not. The best 3 aviation schools, you will visit personally. In my other blog, I tell you why this can be very important. CLICK HERE.
I know that most of you don’t have the money to finance the whole course yourself. If you can not do that it might be an option to start with your PPL and work next to it. After finishing your small aviation license and flying around Cessna’s a bit you know maybe even better if you want to go further or stop right there.
I hope you found this blog even a little helpful. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email.
This link I found very helpfull as well: CLICK HERE